Parents & Carers
- Academy Calendar and Term Dates
- Admission Arrangements
- Clubs and Activities
- Friends of Middlestown School
- Hi-5 Club
- Holidays in Term Time
- Hungry Little Minds
- Lunchtime at the Academy
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Parent Letters
- Parent View
- Pastoral Care
- School Uniform
- Support Your Child at Home
- Tools to Support Remote Learning
- Term Dates
- Useful Links
- Virtual Open Evening
Day to Day Uniform
- Red sweatshirt or cardigan with the school logo or a red jumper or cardigan (without logo);
- White or red polo shirt (available with or without the school logo), a white shirt could also be worn;
- Grey trousers or a grey skirt or a grey dress;
- Summer dresses/jump suits (red check) or grey shorts can be worn from Easter to October half term (weather permitting);
- White/grey socks or grey/red tights;
- Black shoes. We are trying to discourage the wearing of ‘sports trainers’, but appreciate that there is a fine line between ‘what is a trainer and what is a shoe’. Boots may only be worn to come to school in, in extreme weather although children must also bring a change of footwear for indoor use.
All children should be well presented at all times.
Dress for PE
We are excited to announce that our school uniform suppliers are due to start stocking our new Middlestown Primary Academy PE kit for children in Upper Foundation (Reception) class upwards. Please click on the link below for more details:
Headwear & Glasses
The children are allowed a simple red headband. Hair should be tied back ready for learning which helps to prevent the spread of headlice. We do not permit dyed hair. If your child wears glasses please send them into school and leave them here if possible.
All clothing items should be named and children should be encouraged to take responsibility for their own property. The lost property bins are usually overflowing with coats and jumpers, if you have lost items please check these bins.
In UF, Y1, Y2 Y3 and Y4 we would like all children to have a school book bag in order to carry home their reading books, letters and homework. Please check these bags regularly for letters! In year 5 and 6 children tend to prefer to have a small bag for these things.
Shop Address: 18a Crackenedge Lane, Dewsbury WF13 1PU. Tel:01924 465510.
Shop Address: 13 Towngate, Ossett WF5 9BL. Tel: 01924 263030.
Website: The Box does not have a website at this time, but their Facebook Page is: https://m.facebook.com/The-Box-Ossett-596024363821327/
School Water Bottle
All children should have a school water bottle, which are available to order on MCAS (under the Products tab) for just £1.20. Once you have paid for this, a member of the office staff will take this to your child during the school day. Please do not send children with their own water bottle as some of these are quite large and we do not have the room in classrooms to store them.
Smart Watches and Mobile Phones
Children should not be wearing jewellery apart from small stud earrings. Analogue face watches can be worn as well as Fitbits/ pedometers, but no smart watches or anything that connect to a phone please.
Mobile phones can be bought to school for Year 5 and 6 children who have been granted permission to walk home from school. These are to be handed in to the class teacher for safe-keeping in the school office. If your child is aged 10 and over and you would like them to walk home from school then please email the school office to give written permission.