Welcome to Upper Foundation
Open Events Autumn 2024
We would love to welcome you to meet our staff and have a look around our Foundation Stage Unit so you can see for yourself the wonderful provision we have on offer.
We will upload the dates of our open events in the Summer Term of 2024. If you wish to come and have a look around in the meantime you would be very welcome, please contact the school office.
Mrs Sholi. EYFS Lead.
Welcome to the Upper Foundation page. This page will be used to shared useful information as well as share the achievements and learning that takes place in the classroom.
You can find more information about our Early Years Unit here.
What is happening and when?
- PE is on a Friday – children can come to school in their PE kits on this day.
- Reading folders should be in school everyday.
- Handwriting homework will be sent home every Friday and should please be returned by the following Thursday.
- Reading books should be practised at home a minimum of 4 times a week, ideally daily as the children begin their reading journey.
- Phonics sounds learnt that week will be uploaded to Seesaw on a Friday for children to practise at home with a mini ‘apply activity’.
- If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also directly message us on SeeSaw and we will respond to messages within working hours.
Thank you for your support
Mrs Sholi and the EYFS Team
In EYFS, we use SeeSaw as our virtual classroom. We use this app to share learning, send out messages and hopefully keep you informed about all that we are learning. This app allows you to be able to share home learning and achievements with us in school so that school and home can work together to provide the best start to your child’s educational journey. Please ensure that you are logged on to this and check it regularly. If you require a new login please email email@example.com
Our Learning in Upper Foundation
EYFS Long Term Overview
Harvest Festival Celebrations!
Foundation came together to celebrate the Harvest Festival!
Check out their singing!
The Foundation children learned all about Diwali!
They read the story ‘The Best Diwali Ever’ and then explored designing Mehndi hand patterns.
The children also made Coconut Ladoos and then tasted them. Delicious!
Upper Foundation enjoyed going on a hunt around the school grounds for signs of Winter.
They enjoyed ‘crunching their wellies’ in the frosty grass, listening to the birds and spotting ice, berries and fallen leaves.
Foundation had the pleasure of hosting Matt, a dedicated ‘HART Paramedic’ from the Yorkshire Ambulance Service.
He captivated the children with first-hand insights, demonstrating how he helps people in need.
Thank you, Matt, for taking the time to bring our ‘People Who Help Us’ topic to life.
Visit from PC Firth!
Foundation welcomed PC Firth from West Yorkshire Police, as he came to speak to children about his job and how he helps people in his role as a Police Officer.
The children were fascinated and asked some really insightful questions.
Thank you, PC Firth!
Chinese New Year!
EYFS Love to Read
At Middlestown, we strive to develop a love of reading from the moment the children start school. Our curriculum is planned around engaging and high quality texts. Here are some of the texts which we use throughout the year.