Welcome to Year 2
Welcome to the Year Two page!
Here we aim to share useful information that you can refer back to, we also want to celebrate and share the children’s learning with you.
What’s happening and when
- Our PE day is Thursday and we also run the daily mile in addition to this.
- PE Kits can be worn on PE days (check out our new PE kit!)
- Spellings are uploaded to Seesaw every Friday and will be tested in school on the following Friday.
- A half-term overview of spellings can be found in the back of your child’s reading record
- Homework will be uploaded to Seesaw every Friday and is due the following Thursday morning.
- Please ensure your child brings their reading record to school every day where we will change it if they have finished it home.
Please send any enquiries to email@example.com
Mrs Hunter and Mrs Young
Here is a list of websites you can use in Year 2.
In Year Two, we use Seesaw as our virtual classroom. Please click here for a link to the Seesaw website. If you have any difficulty logging on please e-mail the office at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will generate a new login code.
Year 2 Spellings
Year Two Statutory Spellings
Below are the Year Two statutory spellings. These are covered in class and also through the weekly spelling tests but any additional practise will help the children become confident with the Year Two spellings. Repetition and application is key when it comes to children remembering their spellings. Thank you for your ongoing support with this.
The half termly spelling overviews will be stuck into the back of each child’s reading record. Weekly spelling sheets will also be uploaded on to Seesaw for children to practise.
Here are some different techniques you could try to help with learning your spellings.
Learning in Year 2
Half Termly Curriculum Overviews
Click on the images below to see the half termly curriculum overview for Autumn 1.
Here is our Year 2 annual plan
This is our weekly timetable.