Welcome to Year 3
Welcome to our Year 3 page!
Things to remember:
- Homework is set every Friday and is due the following Friday and is available on Microsoft Teams (scroll down for more information)
- PE Kits can be worn on PE days (check out our new PE kit!)
- Spellings are sent out via Microsoft Teams on Monday and are tested on a Friday
- A half-term overview of spellings can be found in the back of your child’s reading record
- Reading books are sent home daily, children should read at least twice every week at home
Please send any enquiries to email@example.com
Here is a list of useful websites that your child may find helpful:
Learning in Year 3
Check out some of the learning that happens in Year 3...
This half term, year 3 are reading Stone Age Boy by Satoshi Kitamuri and How to Wash a Woolly Mammoth by Michelle Robinson.
This half term, Year 3 are focussing on Place Value and Addition and Subtraction.
- At home, you could practise adding numbers together as quickly as you can
- Keep practising your timestables
- Practise counting in multiples of 50 and 100
Below are our Half Termly Curriculum Overviews:
Year 3 Spelling Lists
Here are the spelling lists for year 3:
You will each week’s spellings and the rule of the spellings. Each week, your child will practise these spellings in school and will be tested on them every Friday.
Below are the Year 3/4 Statutory spellings. These are covered over the year in the children’s weekly spelling tests but any additional practise will help the children become confident with the Year 3/4 spellings. Repetition and application are key when it comes to children remembering their spellings. Thank you for your ongoing support with this.
Here are some different techniques to help with learning spellings:
Year 3 Virtual Classroom
In Year 3, we use Microsoft Teams as our virtual classroom. Class messages, reminders and information will be posted on Teams regularly. Homework and spellings will also be posted on here.
If you have any difficulty logging on then please e-mail the office at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will generate a new password.
If you have any issues, please read the Microsoft Teams Parent’s Guide or contact the School Office.